Man Treated After Wokingham Dental Lab Fire


A twenty-seven year old man has been treated for minor burns after a fire at DW Young Dental Laboratory in Grovelands Avenue in Winnersh, near Wokingham.

Firefighters spent over an hour tackling the flames, which was restricted to one room in the laboratory; they wore breathing apparatus to prevent them from inhaling toxic fumes.

Staff working in the neighbouring building were evacuated as a precaution.

Firefighter, Paul Keen, said that the fire had caused damage to the equipment in the laboratory but most of the damage had been caused by smoke.

The cause of the fire is being investigated.

August 29, 2011 |

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *