Wokingham Man Launches Katie Haines Memorial Trust


A Wokingham man has launched a new charity after his wife died due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Katie Haines, 31, of Wokingham, drowned in the bath after breathing in carbon monoxide from a leaking boiler.

Richard Haines, who found his wife’s body, said: “I knew something was up. We have a cat and the cat was acting really strangely.

“I found Katie in the bath, immersed, overcome by carbon monoxide.”

Mr Haines said he had gone into “auto-pilot” while getting his wife out of the bath and giving her CPR.

More: www.katiehaines.com

October 4, 2011 |

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *